Monday, May 31, 2010

Cold and Dreary

The weather here has been cold and dreary and since at the end of MAY I caught a cold I have not felt like breaking out the recipes books or trying anything new.  I did snag a book on bread making my mother gave me for Christmas only to find the recipes were written for a bread machine, which I do not have.  Not knowing if I would need to change any part of the recipe (which you know I do anyways) to work for a traditional oven, I put the book back without even checking to see if it had anything on croissants.  I went instead to the grocery store and bought biscuits to have with tomorrows meal and on the way out was soaked before I got to my car as the sky decided to open up while I was shopping.  Oh happy, cold, dreary day....I even bought prepared pizza's for dinner I felt so crummy, but at least I added extra cheese, fresh sausage, olives and canned....to bad it was all store bought except the sausage...nothing beats pork fresh from the hog...at least it was fresh 7 months ago when I got it from the hog and put it in the freezer.  So at least I cooked something even if it wasn't exciting....let me cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment